RE: Re: CBUS and CFL's

can all go
> > straight in the skip once the BCO has left?...
> >
>=20
> The least you could do is Freecycle them ;-)

Or Ebay them & try & make a portion of their cost back more
probably...

>=20
> We have over 40 GU10s in the house so I've been watching this thread
> with interest.  In truth I'd love to replace them with low energy
> lamps as I'm pretty sure they contribute to high bills if nothing
> else.  Even managing them on dimmers (X10 not cbus :-(  ) it's still
> probably hefty.  However:
> - cfls cant use these because of dimmer circuits built in
> - cfls wont use these because of colour / warmup and lack of ability
> to control scenes
>=20

Yup, CFL's are just complete pants basically.

> - leds would love to use but cant dim (realistically) yet
> - I suspect LEDs are not powerful enough yet - seem to max our at 20w
> equivalent from my research.  The lighting 'design' is based around
> 50w units so I'm not sure this is feasible.  That being said, 25w
> white light may look better than 50w at 50%.  If anyone knows I'd be
> interested.
>=20
> I think I'm waiting for dimmable leds at 35w ish equivalent and around
> the =A310 each mark.
>=20
=20

I'd have to agree, I don't *like* burning loads of energy to run my
existin=
g GU10's, but this is, in this case, secondary to their actual
performance.=
I see no point in running lower energy lighting if it doesn't actually do =
a good job of providing light!! (and by "good" I mean comfortable
to live i=
n, and flexible in operation).

I too am watching / waiting for LED dimmable GU10 fittings as well, and
whe=
n they are readily available, and provide comparable performance to
halogen=
s, then I'll gladly make the switch..

Paul G.