Re: CBUS and CFL's

  • Subject: Re: CBUS and CFL's
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:17:04 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> GRRRRRRRRR.......

> Swedish superstore to pick a dozen "Mung" lamps which can
all go
> straight in the skip once the BCO has left?...
>=20

The least you could do is Freecycle them ;-)

We have over 40 GU10s in the house so I've been watching this thread
with interest.  In truth I'd love to replace them with low energy
lamps as I'm pretty sure they contribute to high bills if nothing
else.  Even managing them on dimmers (X10 not cbus :-(  ) it's still
probably hefty.  However:
- cfls cant use these because of dimmer circuits built in
- cfls wont use these because of colour / warmup and lack of ability
to control scenes

- leds would love to use but cant dim (realistically) yet=20
- I suspect LEDs are not powerful enough yet - seem to max our at 20w
equivalent from my research.  The lighting 'design' is based around
50w units so I'm not sure this is feasible.  That being said, 25w
white light may look better than 50w at 50%.  If anyone knows I'd be
interested.=20=20

I think I'm waiting for dimmable leds at 35w ish equivalent and around
the =A310 each mark.=20=20