RE: Hello All! I'm looking for advice!

  • Subject: RE: Hello All! I'm looking for advice!
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:37:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Pete Church wrote:

> When you put in the mains rated CAT5 for potential CBUS implementation
do
> you need to put 2 wires to each switch for a daisy-chain of modules or
ca=
> you just put in one and link them all up at either Node 0 or other
> convenient location with a terminal block?  Does this effect the bus

You can either wire the C-Bus network configuration in a daisy-chain, star
(recommended) or a mixture of both. The only configuration not permitted
is a closed loop. With the permitted configurations, there is no adverse
effect on performance.

> performance? Do you need more than one burden? Is there a special
Clipsal
> terminal block to do this (for =A3100+ of course!!!)?

One, and only one, burden is required on a single C-Bus network. For
joining up the various C-Bus network branches, I would recommend
terminating them in RJ45 plugs and plug them into a suitable size
Ethernet patch panels (eg. 12-port for =A321.49 at www.screwfix.com) that
have their pins correspondingly wired together. ie. Pin 1 connected to all
other pin 1s, Pin 2 connected to all other pin 2s, etc. Please note that
not all the pins are normally used in a C-Bus network but you might as
well do them all for completeness.

Finally, yes we could supply you with the same Ethernet patch panel,
with the pins suitably connected, for =A3100+ if you must. :-)

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.