Re: Really Stupid Things I Tried

On 3/31/2024 4:32 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 3/31/2024 6:17 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

>>> Well OK then, your itinerary is F-U-L-L of too much STUFF!!!
>>> For me every day is a Saturday and today was a Double Saturday!!
>>>
>>> Next Saturday we are taking a trip to Niagara Falls so we will
>>> be in the best location on April 8th!!
>>>
>>> Hoping for no clouds!!  Will get a double whammy at 3:17pm with the
>>> Horseshoe Falls lighting up and the Solar Eclipse.   Y-A-H-O-O!!
>>>
>>> Les
>>>

>> This morning I refused to work on any shop stuff.  I know.  I know.
>> Its Easter Sunday.  My wife and mom went off to Easter Mass, and I
>> fixed a table that belonged to my wife's grandma.  Then I expected
>> them back, but no sign of them so I walked out and looked at the goose
>> neck trailer.  There are a couple extra lights on the back that I had
>> no idea what they were for.  I went ahead and tied them into the
>> running lights.   Gives me two extra tail lights to reduce the odds of
>> a revenue stop when I go through some broke ass county in central
>> Arizona.  Then I sat there and stared at the upper deck for a while
>> trying to figure out how to mount a winch up there.  I've got a 12 ton
>> Warn winch that's a spare (sorta).  I have a Badlands 12 ton on the
>> Jeep, but I would like to use this winch on other things.  Its on a 2"
>> draw bar mount so it can be portable.  A few years ago I welded a draw
>> tube onto another trailer for this purpose, but this one isn't so
>> nicely laid out for that.  I finally figured out a plan and welded
>> half of the plan in place.  I doubt any stores are open today, and I
>> need parts.  I guess I'll have to wait until Monday.  Now to figure
>> out where my wife and mom are off to...  or maybe I should grab a
>> fishing pole and head on down to the canal bank.
>>
>> Les, there is a neat affect I've heard almost nobody talk about during
>> an eclipse.  Stand under a tree that has loose leaves.  One with lots
>> of spots of sunlight shining through.  During the eclipse look at the
>> light and shadow on the ground under the tree.  Its a lot cooler than
>> that stupid shadow box they tried to impress us with in grade school.
>
> Yes Bob, I have seen the tree thing on some videos.  Where I was at in
> 2017 South Carolina the trees were too far away to go a lookie!!
> Then up and until totality we had clouds..... Then as the totality ended
> the clouds cleared. :-)
>
> Today I worked on setting up my Nikon and Tripod to get the angles
> right.  I want to get a video, the 3.5 minutes before and after.
> I think I have everything as best I can at this point.  I got a
> UV filter and built a box for camera lens to fit into.  Works quite
> well.  I built one for my iPhone as well, just in case!!
>
> It all comes down to the day and the time it happens! Fingers Crossed!!
>
> BTW a piece of cardboard with a 1/4" hole will work as well.
>
> Les

So, how was your eclipse vacation Les?  I thought about it briefly.
About 11:20 was max coverage here supposedly.  (60% I think)  I
considered walking at and looking at the shadows under the trees, but
I'm just not having any fun these days. Been trying to buy a new truck,
and dealerships just suck.  I'm tempted to fly across country and buy
the truck I want several thousand dollars cheaper and drive it back just
to spite the local dealerships.  I think I'm going to grab a fishing
pole and go dunk some rubber worms.  I should work, but I need to relax
if only for five minutes.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff