Re: Installation/Upgrade info needed for Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT

On Jul 30, 10:03 pm, Frank Olson <Use-the-email-
li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> awetrwer...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I'm looking for an installation manual, a website or other information
> > for the following alarm system:
>
> > Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT
>
> > I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on
> > installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as additional
> > door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors.  Please be
> > considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive
> > information.
>
> > This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I am
> > stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window sensors
> > I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit
> > board.
>
> Most professionals here would be reluctant to give you such information
> particularly as it appears that you may still be under contract to ADT.
>   The Safewatch Pro is an Ademco Panel that's been slightly modified for
> use exclusively by ADT.  You will need a full alpha keypad (6139 or
> 6160) to program they system.  You will have to assign the keypad an
> address (not currently in use by the other keypads on the system), and
> enroll the keypad into the system (in other words, tell the unit that
> it's there).  As to the specific manual, you'll have to find out what
> the equivalent Ademco Panel is.  Even when you do, some of the address
> fields may be different.  I doubt any ADT techs would even consider
> giving you a manual.- Hide quoted text -

Frank you appear knowledgeable. Any idea how to find if there is an
equivalent. I must say, the salesmen was aware of the 35 doors and
windows I had prewired. I see now he figured I'd be locked into ADT
and have no choice but to pay them $1200 to connect the doors and
windows, plus keyboards. $35 to connect two wires. Common, that's past
flat-out ripping you off.

--thanks frank