Re: Installation/Upgrade info needed for Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT

awetrwerewr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm looking for an installation manual, a website or other information
> for the following alarm system:
>
> Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT
>
> I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on
> installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as additional
> door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors.  Please be
> considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive
> information.
>
> This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I am
> stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window sensors
> I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit
> board.

Most professionals here would be reluctant to give you such information
particularly as it appears that you may still be under contract to ADT.
  The Safewatch Pro is an Ademco Panel that's been slightly modified for
use exclusively by ADT.  You will need a full alpha keypad (6139 or
6160) to program they system.  You will have to assign the keypad an
address (not currently in use by the other keypads on the system), and
enroll the keypad into the system (in other words, tell the unit that
it's there).  As to the specific manual, you'll have to find out what
the equivalent Ademco Panel is.  Even when you do, some of the address
fields may be different.  I doubt any ADT techs would even consider
giving you a manual.