Latest message you have seen: [OT] Old laptop wanted with parallel port

RE: Re: PowerMax+ telephone line comms & XM10U?

> Not sure? If I connect an RJ11 to Telephone Socket lead to
> the RJ11 port on the PowerMax+, that gives me the
> communication functions I need. But to connect the XM10U to
> the PowerMax+ to get the X10 functionality, the only
> interface available is the same RJ11 port. Thats my dilemma....
>
> Or am I just confused?!
>
> Rich

There should be 2 connections for phone (one to phone socket, and one for
phone) and rj11 for XM10U. I don't have powermax+ but have a BT VP1000 (re
branded powermax+, with same hardware). Looking at the back the middle rj11
is for X10, the 2 to the left are for phone.

It *may* be the powermax+ does not have rj11 for phone, but instead a
terminal block next to where the rj11 sockets should be.

Check the manual page 6:

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/pdf_files/powermaxplus_im.pdf

Is this what you have? Maybe there is a cover over some of the sockets?