Latest message you have seen: RE: VPN or other solution from iPhone to HA server?

Re: PowerMax+ telephone line comms & XM10U?

  • Subject: Re: PowerMax+ telephone line comms & XM10U?
  • From: "Dave Ward" <DFHWukha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:49:25 -0000

Richard,

Doesn't the phone line and the X10 have separate connectors?
I have a PowerMax+ with PSTN, X10 and the GSM Dialer.
(well, there's a cable connected the the X10 but I don't have a XM10U atm)
The phone line connection on my PowerMax+ is via a removable Screw
terminal.

The GSM dialer comes with a RS232 interface PCB (The same as the one
that comes with the PC Software package) The fialer has a pass through
sonnector and I can plug the PC or PowerLink (If I could buy one) into
this.  I imagine that the Powerlink module would also have a pass
through to allow connection of PC or GSM Dialer.

Relating to this, can anyone point me to a spectification for the
XM10U interface protocol, i.e what will PowerMax+ send and expect to
receive when 2 way X10 is enabled?
I'm thinking that I may knock together a microcontroller that speaks
XM10U'ish and translates that into ASCII RS232 to allow PowerMax to
control more than just X10 devices....

Dave

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Richard Parker"