Latest message you have seen: Anyone using Homeeasy? Some probs with modules responding

Re: [OT] ish ISP who don't mind large downloads?

My brother has just signed up with IDnet. He had a few troubles
setting things up initially and their support line was very good (he
was surprised). He talked to a real person, in the UK.

He doesn't download loads of stuff so is unlikely to run into your
issue, but he likes the fact it's only a 1 month contract, not 12/18
months, so can leave if they don't perform.

IIRC IDNet came out quite well in a recent survey/rating of ISPs.

HTH,

Tim.

On 3/17/07, Nigel Giddings <nigel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can help me.
>

> I have just received a letter from Demon stating that because I have
down=
loaded 66GB in the last 30 days my service will be reduced from 8Mbs to
128=
Kbps for 30 days...

> Apparently they have a Fair Usage Policy of 60GB on my type of account
Ho=
meOffice 8000...

> The problem is they don't warn you that you are approaching this
limit, t=
hey just shut you down if you exceed it... no ifs, no buts...

> While I accept 66GB is high, I was surprised I could manage this, I am
no=
t happy that I received no warning and I was not given the option to move
p=
ackages.

> A quick look on thinkbroadband (formerly ADSLguide) brings up IDNET as
an=
option HYPERLINK "http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/idnet/package/582.html=
"http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/idnet/package/582.html
a little more exp=
ensive =A335 month but no limits, 60GB inclusive and 85p a GB there after.