Latest message you have seen: [OT] Old laptop wanted with parallel port

[OT] ish ISP who don't mind large downloads?

  • Subject: [OT] ish ISP who don't mind large downloads?
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:15:55 -0000

I wonder if anyone can help me.

=20

I have just received a letter from Demon stating that because I have
downlo=
aded 66GB in the last 30 days my service will be reduced from 8Mbs to
128Kb=
ps for 30 days...

=20

Apparently they have a Fair Usage Policy of 60GB on my type of account
Home=
Office 8000...

=20

The problem is they don't warn you that you are approaching this limit,
the=
y just shut you down if you exceed it... no ifs, no buts...=20

=20

While I accept 66GB is high, I was surprised I could manage this, I am not
=
happy that I received no warning and I was not given the option to move
pac=
kages.

=20

A quick look on thinkbroadband (formerly ADSLguide) brings up IDNET as an
o=
ption HYPERLINK "http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/idnet/package/582.html"h=
ttp://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/idnet/package/582.html a little more
expen=
sive =A335 month but no limits, 60GB inclusive and 85p a GB there after.

=20

Anyone have any experience, or better suggestions.

=20

TIA

=20

Nigel