Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: Electric UFH &

Maybe I'm missing the point here but if you have kit that is in some way
sensitive to incoming mains fluctuations then why not simply run it from a
double conversion UPS instead of trying to disconnect yourself from the
national grid? I would assume you're not talking of kit that is
particularly
power hungry...

Phil

something
> >>simple, like an electronic crow-bar, that effectively
> shorts the mains
> >>& blows the fuse if ever the voltage becomes excessive ...
such
> >>approaches used to be used in good-quality electronic
> equipment, maybe
> >>they still are ... maybe, too, today, a different
> technology would be
> >>the thing ...
> >>such as that used for resettable fuses in consumer units, or
RCD
> >>shut-off devices ... but something that can pass 100A
everyday, for
> >>the heating system & other household equipment ... plus,
of course,
> >>the UPS to look-after the essentials !
> >>
> >>Actually, thinking about it, with all this fancy HA we're
> all chasing
> >>after, it ought to be possible to program it to tell when
things
> >>aren't what they ought to be, and do the necessary ... even if
i's
> >>just keeping an eye on mains voltage ...
> >>
> >>OK ... what we need, is for Idratek & C-Bus to include a
> volts & amps
> >>measuring device in their ranges ...
> >>
> >>'wonder if the Electrisave could be useful in this, now that
Iain's