Re: CBUS and CFL's

Actually I bought loads at around =A36 about 6 months ago - but seems
they'=
ve
gone up!!
Interesting point that BCO's are now aware of CFL's and so saying use them
instead of normal downlighters!!
There's going to be a lot said about this if that really is the case

If your using them like downlighters you don't need so many, but with my
CBUS i will have in a room 3 sets spaced out on 3 relays. Touch the switch
once - set one etc. Don't want to go into the downlighters argument but to
have a 'cool' running efficient light at 240V makes life very simple with
lack of transformers and having to worry about excess heat.

On 17/01/07, Jonathan Tawn @ Home <Jonathan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Raymond,
>
> Thanks for the Info - much appreciated.
>
> I guess BCO's & Council's are insisting on the use of CFL's due to
energy
> efficiency?
>
> 10quid a bulb - ouch!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

<Jonathan@xxxxxxx<Jonathan%40j=
ontawn.plus.com>
<Jonathan%25>40jontawn.plus.com> > wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been talking with someone who's building a house and they've
been
> > told
> > that compact fluorescent's need to be used for downlighters, he
asked
> > about
> > clipsal's CBUS asking whether it would dim them, which, I
understand it
> > should. However, I know next to nothing about CFL's / Fluorescent
> dimming,
> > can this be done? If so, is it a case of using a 0-10v
fluorescent