Re: [OT]ADSL Un-reccomendation

  • Subject: Re: [OT]ADSL Un-reccomendation
  • From: "johnandrewsinfo" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:41:20 -0000

Noel

Let me try to explain bt wholesale pricing for a small isp:
The BT Central link for a 34mb link costs =A384k per annum
of that you can connect 16000 eu (bt term for end user)

Then each eu connection costs the isp =A312 per month.

So if you do the maths of mb per user and eu cost / 84k, you then know
two things:
1. why broadband is slow
2. the actual cost the service provider pays to bt wholesale

So if an isp does not get the takeup ... you get good speed but price
hikes.

BTW, i do work for an isp and have to deal with bt wholesale on a
daily basis.