Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

ADSL Line Test

  • Subject: ADSL Line Test
  • From: "# UK Home Automation" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:00:17 -0000

A friend of mine is having problems with his new ADSL connection.  He
seems to be the latest in a long line of freinds who see me as their free
computer support guy.  I'm going to pop over later to see whats what but,
it sounds like his USB modem isn't detecting the ADSL

His activation date was shown as Tuesday 9th Jan, however on Friday 12th
Jan his *free* USB Speedtouch 330 was still only showing a flashing green
adsl light, rather than steady.

Is there any sort of test I can perform to check that the line is indeed
activated (e.g. a phone number to ring or something)?

Cheers

Rob
--
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: rob@xxxxxxx