Latest message you have seen: Re: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

RE: DAB Radio

  • Subject: RE: DAB Radio
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:20:08 -0000

> Subject: [ukha_d] DAB Radio
>

> I don't recall this being mentioned on UKHA - http://tinyurl.com/yyqdmp
>
> All DAB receivers will be obsolete in a few years' time

"1. Reducing 128 kbps stereo stations to 112 kbps

By reducing the bit rates of stereo stations from 128 kbps to 112 kbps and
mono stations from 64 kbps to 56 kbps.

This alone would allow an increase of around 44% in the number of stations
on DAB - but this is nothing compared to what will follow."

So once again DIGITAL QUALITY actually means DIGITAL QUANTITY :(

Just realised one old TV program that I dont recall being repeated on the
27000+ sata$hite channels currently raining down on us....

..."Never mind the quality.... feel the width"

I dont have DAB yet because it doesnt offer me anything I dont already get.
The stations that I would like to see on DAB are available in several parts
of the country but not on the DAB Muxes in East Anglia. They are however
available on Freeview and Satellite.

GRRRRR @ OFCOM  :(