Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Vario II Users (and other WM machines...)

Re: Grrr.... XBOX!

If you have the correct game and save file you can softmod the console.
There are some great softmod options out there that even work on a 1.6 xbox
(if its a new one not second hand that's what U will have - TSOP has been
removed and a mod chip must be added to the console)
*http://tinyurl.com/95vv2 *
I would say that soft modding is not for the feint of heart I have almost
killed an xbox doing it. Also some of the later games and even DVDs (SW
trilogy) can undo all your hard work by updating the dashboard when played.

If you want a perm solution then a no solder mod chip is the way to go.
*http://tinyurl.com/cojz5
* I have seen videos of them being dragged behind a car and mine has
survived 18 months with a 5 year old (2 joypads never made it - god rest
thier cherry coke'd insides)

XBMC is just FAB and makes a good dashboard if you only want media work its
all we use and all my sons DVDs live inside the 200Gb as DivX/Xvid files so
no more scratched disks and don't even get me started on the fab use it has
as a car media center (Scotland to London with no tears and quick pit
stops)

Spend the money, if you softmod you might have to later anyway.

Sean

<