Latest message you have seen: Re: VPN and proxy server

Apache reverse proxy ?

  • Subject: Apache reverse proxy ?
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:13:57 +0100

I've just setup a mythtv box (using knoppMyth install CD) using an old
800 Duron and Pinnacle PCTV pro card I had hanging around. So far I'm
pretty impressed. Its been happily recording TV for the past couple of
weeks without any issues. Next job is to change the analogue card for a
Nova-T free view card and record MPEG2 streams direct.

I've setup apache with basic authentication (for external IP address')
and can now access mythweb from work. What I am now trying to do is access
the TiVo via the same method. At work we have all ports firewalled except
80
(http) and 1722 (vpn) so I'm trying to setup reverse proxy using a
directory
extension i.e. http//81.nn.nnn.22/tivo/ should port forward through the
router
192.168.0.70/tivo which should in turn proxy to 192.168.0.222 (i.e. the
Tivo)

At the moment this all works as a forward proxy and I see the main title
screen
of TivoWebPlus. Problem is that the reverse proxying doesn't appear to be
working. i.e. all the .css effects are missing and if I click a link it
doesn't convert back to the correct address e.g.

192.168.0.70/tivo --> 192.168.0.222 --> (click on menu item ./ui)
--> 192.168.0.70/ui
(instead of 192.168.0.70/tivo/ui)

Has anyone got this working correctly ?

The version of Apache I have is 1.33.3-8

Marcus

ps. does anyone know of a source of new MythWEB themes and how to install
them ?