Latest message you have seen: Free Tickets - NI SelfBuild Show

Re: Re: Homeplug ethernet over mains

It will not affect X10 as the frequencies used are way up above anything
X-10 touches (which if memory serves me correctly is actually baseband
around the zero crossing point by so many %).
What version did you purchase Patrick, V1.0, V1.0 high speed or V2 aka the
AV spec?
As an aside, for video distribution to multiple receivers using multi-cast
it is no good, nor will it ever be! For multi-cast transmission Home Plug
1.0 gives around 1.6Mbps for broadcast/uni-cast traffic.
I am trying to get around to a write up for Mark and will include details
then.....
I have some really noisy PSUs which kill X-10 dead without a filter - one
thing I want to do is see how these affect it. Having read some tech
documents I think there will be no effect - HP has been designed to work
around most problems encountered on a domestic supply. Experience so far
seems to suggest that it copes very well!
Regards,
David

<patrick@l...>