Latest message you have seen: Re: FS - Powermax+ Alarm

RE: Wind Power

  • Subject: RE: Wind Power
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:42:19 -0000

>  Are you telling me that 240v at 1KW is allowed to be
> present on bare metal pins if the plug gets unplugged?!
>
> I thought that at first too, and then realised that if the control
> gear syncs the AC waveform with the mains, then it's easy to shut down
> instantly if that waveform disappears (ie the plug is unplugged).

I can see how you can prevent a unit from "starting to output"
due to the
absence on an input but how do you stop it if it gets unplugged whilst
working unless it shuts off at zero current flow as it would then sense its
own output.

A car wont start without a battery but once started the alternator is
outputting current and will happliy run the car even if you disconnect the
original power source.

Seems to me that this unit should really be installed as a fixed appliance
rather than a portable one.

Keith