Re: Re: G4 Powerbook 17

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: G4 Powerbook 17
  • From: Graeme Thomson <tmw2n@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:17:10 +0100

if apple insist on charging silly money for 10.4 even for people that  =0D
bought a new mac recently before the release, i will seriously consider  =
=0D
switching back. i hate myself for saying it, since i love my eMac and  =0D
all, and love my iBook too. but even Ms do a cheap upgrade version of  =0D
windows. i wouldnt mind paying max 50 quid for  it, but not another  =0D
hundred.=0D
On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 08:13  pm, Nick Long wrote:=0D
=0D
> I think apple are getting very naughty about their OS releases - they
=
=0D
> promised OS X (being OS 10) and are managing to churn out 3 upgrades
=0D
> in the same amount of years - We've only just upgraded to OS X at work
 =
=0D
> due to the release of cerain hardware drivers we needed being delyaed
=
=0D
> for about 2.5 years.=0D
>=0D
> needless to say we bought OS X 10.1 when it first came out (we didn't
=
=0D
> know about the lack of drivers for said hardware at htis point) and it
 =
=0D
> hasn't ever been used, because Final Cut Pro 4 came out and it needed
=
=0D
> Jaguar (10.2) which we had to shell out for. Now they're saying that
=0D
> you get better performance with Panthar - so what was the point of
=0D
> buying 10.2 (which was only installed about 2 weeks ago anyway!!)=0D
>=0D
> GRRR.=0D
>=0D
> having said that - this is the ONLY problem I've EVER had with Apple
=0D
> and the hardware in question was third-party hardware specifically for
 =
=0D
> video editing.=0D
>=0D
> I wouldn't ever edit on a PC by choice anymore!=0D
>=0D
> -Nick=0D
>   ----- Original Message -----=0D
my=
=0D
>   emac doesnt meet the cutoff point for the upgrade either. so they
=0D
> arent=0D
>   getting any more money off me for it.=0D
>   i dont usually pirate things, but if i discover i need it, i'll find
 =
=0D
> it=0D
>   somewhere. cos i really cant aqfford to pay full proce for it=0D
>   On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 07:28  pm, Nick Long wrote:=0D
>=0D
>> you can get a discounted price on Panther if you bought Jaguar
after a=
=0D
>> certain date - just goto apple.com and check out thier OSX section
for=
=0D
>> the exact dates. i think you just pay for P&P.=0D
>>=0D
>> I'm trying to find a cheap way of getting an upgrade from DVD
Studio=0D
>> Pro 1.5 to 2.0 at the moment - no luck so far though! :(=0D
>>=0D
>> I've got a 17" G4 Powerbook sat on my desk right now - i use
them all=0D
>> the time for Video editing. Very stable, very easy to use - now,
if=0D
>> only there was a way of putting the Dock somewhere out of the
way...  =
=0D
>> > ;)=0D
>>=0D
>> -Nick=0D
>>   ----- Original Message -----=0D
seems  =
=0D
>>> to=0D
>>> have=0D
>>> matured...=0D
>>>=0D
>>> -----Original Message-----=0D
OSX=0D
>>> beta, way=0D
>>> back when.=0D
>>> On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 02:07  pm, aashram
wrote:=0D
>>>=0D
audo with it's=0D
go" then I'd look at=0D
>>> new=0D
smaller :-)  If=
=0D
>>> it=C3=A2=E2,=AC=E2"=A2s=0D
>>> on=0D
Panther to=
=0D
moment its free=
=0D
painful... =
Its=0D
moved over=
=0D
>>> have=0D
>>> For=0D
that I work=
=0D
weekends...=
=0D
>>> used=0D
>>>=0D
Perfect for=0D
>>>=0D
too!=0D
>>> it=0D
that much=0D
>>> difference=0D
expression  =
=0D
for me... As if to=0D
>>>=0D
but its only=
=0D
You also=0D
>>>=0D
running on top=
=0D
>>> X=0D
>>>=0D
Since then a=0D
>>> iPod=0D
>>>=0D
should add=
=0D
>>> good=0D
this too.   =
=0D
>>> PB17"=0D
=C3,=C2=A31950 including =
VAT,=0D
that the fa=
ct=0D
>>> at=0D
>>> a=0D
item... I was=0D
>>> :-)=0D
questions on=
=0D
please feel=0D
a while now but=
=0D
>>> have=0D
been updated=0D
Store as if=
=0D
=C3,=C2=A3200-=C3,=C2=A3300=0D
<groups@a...> wrote:=0D
removed]=0D
software is at=
=0D
>>> Genealogy.com.=0D
Now at=0D

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=0D
software is at=
=0D
>>> Genealogy.com.=0D
Now at=0D

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=0D
software is=
at=0D
Now at=0D
>>> Genealogy.com=0D
>>> Genealogy.com=0D

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=0D
best-selling Family Tree=
=0D
at=0D

-------------------------------------------------------------------- =
=0D
>>>=0D
>>>=0D
>>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=0D
>>> ---------------------~--> The=0D
>>> decade=C2=BFs best-selling Family Tree Maker software is at
=0D
>>> Genealogy.com.=0D
>>> Share your family tree with Family Tree Maker 11. Now at  =0D
>>> Genealogy.com=0D
>>> Build=0D
>>> a better family tree! Get Family Tree Maker 11 at
Genealogy.com=0D
>>> http://us.click.yahoo.com/TT4u9B/y63GAA/a8ILAA/IBOolB/TM=0D

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=0D
>>> ~->=0D
>>>=0D
>>> UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004=0D
>>>=0D
>>> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=0D
>>> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=0D
>>> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=0D
>>>=0D
>>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=0D
>>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=0D
>>>=0D
>>>=0D
>>>=0D
>>>=0D
>>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=0D
>>> ---------------------~-->=0D
>>> The decade=C2=BFs best-selling Family Tree Maker software is
at=0D
>>> Genealogy.com.=0D
>>> Share your family tree with Family Tree Maker 11. Now at  =0D
>>> Genealogy.com=0D
>>> Build a better family tree! Get Family Tree Maker 11 at
Genealogy.com=
=0D
>>> http://us.click.yahoo.com/TT4u9B/y63GAA/a8ILAA/IBOolB/TM=0D

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=0D
>>> ~->=0D
>>>=0D
>>> UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004=0D
>>>=0D
>>> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=0D
>>> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=0D
>>> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=0D
>>>=0D
>>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=0D
>>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=0D
>>>=0D
>>>=0D
>>=0D
>>=0D
>>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=0D
>>               ADVERTISEMENT=0D
>>=0D
>>=0D
>>=0D
>>=0D
>>   UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004=0D
>>=0D
>>   http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=0D
>>   Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=0D
>>   Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=0D
>>=0D
>>   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.=
=0D
>>=0D
>>=0D
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]=0D
>>=0D
>>=0D
>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=0D
>> ---------------------~-->=0D
>> The decade=BFs best-selling Family Tree Maker software is at=0D
>> Genealogy.com.=0D
>> Share your family tree with Family Tree Maker 11. Now at
Genealogy.com=
=0D
>> Build a better family tree! Get Family Tree Maker 11 at
Genealogy.com=0D
>> http://us.click.yahoo.com/TT4u9B/y63GAA/a8ILAA/IBOolB/TM=0D

>>=0D
>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=0D
>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=0D
>>=0D
>>=0D
>=0D