From: Graeme Thomson=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: G4 Powerbook 17

if apple insist on charging silly money for 10.4 even for people that =
=20
bought a new mac recently before the release, i will seriously consider =
=20
switching back. i hate myself for saying it, since i love my eMac and =
=20
all, and love my iBook too. but even Ms do a cheap upgrade version of =
=20
windows. i wouldnt mind paying max 50 quid for  it, but not another=20=20
hundred.=20
On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 08:13  pm, Nick Long wrote:=20

> I think apple are getting very naughty about their OS releases - they
=
=20
> promised OS X (being OS 10) and are managing to churn out 3 upgrades =
=20
> in the same amount of years - We've only just upgraded to OS X at work
=
=20
> due to the release of cerain hardware drivers we needed being delyaed
=
=20
> for about 2.5 years.=20
>=20
> needless to say we bought OS X 10.1 when it first came out (we didn't
=
=20
> know about the lack of drivers for said hardware at htis point) and it
=
=20
> hasn't ever been used, because Final Cut Pro 4 came out and it needed
=
=20
> Jaguar (10.2) which we had to shell out for. Now they're saying that =
=20
> you get better performance with Panthar - so what was the point
of=20=20
> buying 10.2 (which was only installed about 2 weeks ago anyway!!)=20
>=20
> GRRR.=20
>=20
> having said that - this is the ONLY problem I've EVER had with Apple =
=20
> and the hardware in question was third-party hardware specifically for
=
=20
> video editing.=20
>=20
> I wouldn't ever edit on a PC by choice anymore!=20
>=20
> -Nick=20
>   ----- Original Message -----=20
my=
=20
>   emac doesnt meet the cutoff point for the upgrade either. so they =
=20
> arent=20
>   getting any more money off me for it.=20
>   i dont usually pirate things, but if i discover i need it, i'll find
=
=20
> it=20
>   somewhere. cos i really cant aqfford to pay full proce for it=20
>   On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 07:28  pm, Nick Long wrote:=20
>=20
>> you can get a discounted price on Panther if you bought Jaguar
after a=
=20
>> certain date - just goto apple.com and check out thier OSX section
for=
=20
>> the exact dates. i think you just pay for P&P.=20
>>=20
>> I'm trying to find a cheap way of getting an upgrade from DVD
Studio=20
>> Pro 1.5 to 2.0 at the moment - no luck so far though! :(=20
>>=20
>> I've got a 17" G4 Powerbook sat on my desk right now - i use
them all=
=20
>> the time for Video editing. Very stable, very easy to use - now,
if=20
>> only there was a way of putting the Dock somewhere out of the
way... =
=20
>> > ;)=20
>>=20
>> -Nick=20
>>   ----- Original Message -----=20
seems =
=20
>>> to=20
>>> have=20
>>> matured...=20
>>>=20
>>> -----Original Message-----=20
days =
=20
>>> ago.=20
>>> my main machine is currently a 1GHz eMac with a superdrive in
it.  i=
=20
>>> want a=20
>>> G5, but no way i can afford one.=20
>>> i have been trying to switch since i first played about wih an
OSX=20
>>> beta, way=20
>>> back when.=20
>>> On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 02:07  pm, aashram
wrote:=20
>>>=20
audo with it's=20
go" then I'd look at=
=20
>>> new=20
smaller :-)  If=
=20
>>> it=C3=A2=E2,=AC=E2"=A2s=20
>>> on=20
Panther to=
=20
moment its free=
=20
painful..=
. Its=20
moved over=
=20
>>> have=20
>>> For=20
that I work=
=20
weekends...=
=20
as much as=
=20
>>> used=20
and I've=
=20
>>>=20
Perfect for=20
>>>=20
too!=20
>>> it=20
that much=20
>>> difference=20
expression =
=20
for me... As if to=20
>>>=20
but its only=
=20
You also=20
>>>=20
running on top=
=20
>>> X=20
>>>=20
Since then a=20
>>> iPod=20
>>>=20
should add=
=20
>>> good=20
this too.  =
=20
>>> PB17"=20
=C3,=C2=A31950 includin=
g VAT,=20
that the =
fact=20
>>> at=20
>>> a=20
is either=
=20
extended -=
=20
item... I was=20
>>> :-)=20
questions on=
=20
please feel=20
a while now but=
=20
>>> have=20
been updated=
=20
Store as if=
=20
=C3,=C2=A3200-=C3,=C2=A3300=20
<groups@a...> wrote:=
=20
> [...]
removed]=20
software is a=
t=20
>>> Genealogy.com.=20
Now at=20
at=20=20

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=20
software is a=
t=20
>>> Genealogy.com.=20
Now at=20
at=20=20

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=20
software =
is at=20
Now at=20
>>> Genealogy.com=20
>>> Genealogy.com=20

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=20
best-selling Family Tree=
=20
at=20
at=20=20

--------------------------------------------------------------------=
=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
>>> ---------------------~--> The=20
>>> decade=C2=BFs best-selling Family Tree Maker software is
at=20=20
>>> Genealogy.com.=20
>>> Share your family tree with Family Tree Maker 11. Now at=20=20
>>> Genealogy.com=20
>>> Build=20
>>> a better family tree! Get Family Tree Maker 11 at
Genealogy.com=20
>>> http://us.click.yahoo.com/TT4u9B/y63GAA/a8ILAA/IBOolB/TM=20

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=20
>>> ~->=20
>>>=20
>>> UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004=20
>>>=20
>>> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>>> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
>>> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20
>>>=20
>>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=20
>>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
>>> ---------------------~-->=20
>>> The decade=C2=BFs best-selling Family Tree Maker software is
at=20
>>> Genealogy.com.=20
>>> Share your family tree with Family Tree Maker 11. Now at=20=20
>>> Genealogy.com=20
>>> Build a better family tree! Get Family Tree Maker 11 at
Genealogy.com=
=20
>>> http://us.click.yahoo.com/TT4u9B/y63GAA/a8ILAA/IBOolB/TM=20

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=20
>>> ~->=20
>>>=20
>>> UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004=20
>>>=20
>>> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>>> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
>>> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20
>>>=20
>>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=20
>>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
>>               ADVERTISEMENT=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>   UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004=20
>>=20
>>   http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>>   Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
>>   Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20
>>=20
>>   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.=
=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
>> ---------------------~-->=20
>> The decade=BFs best-selling Family Tree Maker software is at=20
>> Genealogy.com.=20
>> Share your family tree with Family Tree Maker 11. Now at
Genealogy.com=
=20
>> Build a better family tree! Get Family Tree Maker 11 at
Genealogy.com=
=20
>> http://us.click.yahoo.com/TT4u9B/y63GAA/a8ILAA/IBOolB/TM=20

---------------------------------------------------------------------=
=20
>> ~->=20
>>=20
>> UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004=20
>>=20
>> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
>> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20
>>=20
>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to=20
>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=20
>>=20
>>=20
>=20