Re: Re: G4 Powerbook 17

I think apple are getting very naughty about their OS releases - they
promi=
sed OS X (being OS 10) and are managing to churn out 3 upgrades in the
same=
amount of years - We've only just upgraded to OS X at work due to the rele=
ase of cerain hardware drivers we needed being delyaed for about 2.5 years.

needless to say we bought OS X 10.1 when it first came out (we didn't know
=
about the lack of drivers for said hardware at htis point) and it hasn't
ev=
er been used, because Final Cut Pro 4 came out and it needed Jaguar (10.2)
=
which we had to shell out for. Now they're saying that you get better
perfo=
rmance with Panthar - so what was the point of buying 10.2 (which was only
=
installed about 2 weeks ago anyway!!)

GRRR.

having said that - this is the ONLY problem I've EVER had with Apple and
th=
e hardware in question was third-party hardware specifically for video
edit=
ing.

I wouldn't ever edit on a PC by choice anymore!

-Nick
----- Original Message -----=20