Re: Moving a thermostat.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Alex Monaghan" <ha@m...> wrote:
> > OK, so for starters, any recomendations for a new thermostat?=20
> > What should I be=20
> > looking for? What about ideas for a home brew one?
>=20
> I just got a cheap one from Screwfix (but also ended up getting new=20
tank
> stat and controller and moving the control until to the kitchen !)=20
This
> seems to be fine (apart from it now being too easy for SWMBO to=20
operate !)
>=20
> > And secondly, how do I go about moving it? Any links for me=20
> > to have a look at?
>=20
> I moved a radiator under my old one so had to move this as well,=20
the cable
> (still left in the wall) to the old one is 3 core + earth. If your=20
run from
> controller to stat avoids "hot places", then I guess normal
3core +=20
earth
> lighting cable would do the job as the main fuse for mine is only=20
3A (I used
> heat resistant multi core for all the connections, but I guess this=20
may have
> been overkill)
>=20
> If your current installation is as bad as my old one, then you=20
might be best
> ripping it out and starting again, if not, then you should have a=20
visible
> room stat connection from the back of the current controller, it's=20
then just
> a case of swapping the connections for you new one (with the circuit
> isolated of course). I didn't have a diagram for my old controller,=20
but did
> find one doing a google search for it.
>=20
> Might be worth putting thermostatic valves on your radiators as=20
well, this
> has really helped keep the heat where needed in our house. Or you=20
could get
> really OTT and have a temp sensor and motorised valve on each rad=20
all linked
> back to the controller in Node 0, this of course would be the=20
proper HA
> route.

If you want to move the thermostat, I believe you can now get=20
wireless ones (my neighbour used one).  Certainly save all the=20
trouble of rewiring to the new position.  I'm guessing but I suspect=20
the receiver just sits near the controller and would wire into the=20
position on the controller of the old one.=20=20

Probably find out more details if you are interested.=20=20