RE: barcode scanner and automated shopping

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: barcode scanner and automated shopping
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:42:52 +0100

> No need to step back at all, for this project to work the=20
> most important thing will be getting people to input data.
>=20
> Even those without a barcode scanner can take part.
>=20
> Quite simply all that is needed is a list comprising of the=20
> barcode and a product description, and if applicable the size=20
> of the product, for example volume or weight.

SWMBO's going to kill me !=20

I mentioned about the idea of scanning what we use and generating an
ordere=
shopping list for ease of navigation round the supermarket when we got our
first house nearly 10 years ago and it got rejected then. I've no idea how
she'd react when I ask her to scan the contents of the cupboard for the
benefit of the HA community :-)

Will those that also have non HA compliant SWMBO's have to resort to
midnight raids on the store cupboard to scan the bar codes ?