RE: Thermostat Hysterysis

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Thermostat Hysterysis
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:04:58 +0100

Hi Frank,

---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---

Yep, full speed emulation as the actual debug hardware is on the devices
themselves.

> I,ll have to convert to it ASM ......thanks

Now that will be fun looking at the code!!! :o)

> Do they give samples outside of the States ?? Never have asked for
> samples...is this a common practice???

Just checked the Microchip website and yep, Australia is on the list of
countries to ship to. Standard practice with some of the manufacturers
thes=
days.

> I did mention this Can_Bus network would hang off  Homevsion
> didnt i ?? ;-))

Err, I think so!!!  :o)

> PS ...Must see if i can get a couple of samples ;-))

Go do it now. You can request up to 3 of each device. Get 3 of the MCP2515
in DIP and 3 of the MCP2551 in DIP too, then you will have enough to play
and test with. This gives you the complete setup for CAN. Download my
schematic for wiring if you need it. If you want it too, I can supply an
opto isolated version. This requires 2 more 8 pin devices and a DC-DC
converter but not necessary to start with. I only have opto isolation at
th=
PC end.

If you do get into it, I can send you a blank PCB for the PC parallel port
and a bill of materials and software if want it? The code isn't polished
yet, but it does work.

Regards
Dave...

---