Re: SLiMP3 Streaming and ISA Server

> I can stream internet media on all other clients, but they are running
IS=
A firewall client.=20
> Also, "SLiMP3 Server" does not yet support a proxy server
(is this the is=
sue?).
>=20
> Can anyone suggest a way forward?

Do you have packet filtering enabled in ISA Server? (Access Policy -> IP
Pa=
cket Filters -> Properties -> Enable packet filtering)

If so, ISA will block outbound traffic originating from the ISA server
itse=
lf unless you specifically enable it.

The way you solve this depends on how important security is to you.

The quickest and easiest option is to simply add a packet filter that
allow=
s any process on the ISA server to make outbound requests.

A more sensible approach would probably be to create a packet filter that
p=
ermits outbound TCP requests to port 80 (though it's worth checking the
URL=
s of any radio stations you connect to as not all use port 80).

For maximum security, you could restrict the rule to only allow traffic to
=
the specific IP addresses of the radio stations you want to listen to, but
=
again this depends on how secure you want your server with regards to
balan=
cing security and convenience.

If you need any assistance setting up the rules, just drop me a mail.

Regards,

John