Re: SLiMP3 Streaming and ISA Server

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: SLiMP3 Streaming and ISA Server
  • From: "flidgetuk2002" <Neil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:19:01 -0000

John/Martin,

Many thanks.

I have added a new rule and SLiMP3 is now streaming perfectly.

All the Best!
Neil.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> > I can stream internet media on all other clients, but they are=20
running ISA firewall client.=20
> > Also, "SLiMP3 Server" does not yet support a proxy
server (is=20
this the issue?).
> >=20
> > Can anyone suggest a way forward?
>=20
> Do you have packet filtering enabled in ISA Server? (Access=20
Policy -> IP Packet Filters -> Properties -> Enable packet
filtering)
>=20
> If so, ISA will block outbound traffic originating from the ISA=20
server itself unless you specifically enable it.
>=20
> The way you solve this depends on how important security is to you.
>=20
> The quickest and easiest option is to simply add a packet filter=20
that allows any process on the ISA server to make outbound requests.
>=20
> A more sensible approach would probably be to create a packet=20
filter that permits outbound TCP requests to port 80 (though it's=20
worth checking the URLs of any radio stations you connect to as not=20
all use port 80).
>=20
> For maximum security, you could restrict the rule to only allow=20
traffic to the specific IP addresses of the radio stations you want=20
to listen to, but again this depends on how secure you want your=20
server with regards to balancing security and convenience.