From: Simon Brazier
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 12:44 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Additional BT Socket

I want to put an additional BT socket in my house, but it would be far
more convenient to install it from the main BT drop point into the house,
rather than running an extension from my existing BT Master socket.

Is this something I can do myself and if so, would I put another BT Master
socket on the end, or would I need an extension socket ? Basically I'd
have two sockets in parallel from the incoming BT line, rather than two in
series. If I can't do it myself, any ideas whether BT would do it, and how
much it would cost - they aren't being too helpful when I speak to them. I
really don't want miles of cable dragged all round my house as an
extension from the existing Master socket.

I've also got ADSL on the line if that would make any difference.

Cheers