Re: [OT] Linux help

On Friday 03 Oct 2003 3:07 pm, Ant wrote:
> On Friday 03 October 2003 13:55, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
> > In edit mode, useing the cursor keys results in the letters A B C
& D
> > being inserted in the line above where you are typing.
>
> That's coz the cursor keys send codes like ^[OA, which vim interprets
as
> "stop. open new line. insert A" ;)
>
> > I've read all about :set term=cons25, but that makes no
difference.

> Nop,e that's for BSD.
>
> Firstly, make sure your TERM environment variable accurately reflects
the
> terminal you're using, and make sure you have a termcap entry for it.

Term is rxvt I have no idea why it's choosing that, that comes from the env
vars, but :set term=xterm makes no odds either.

However, :set term=xterm in .vimrc seems to sort out that little problem.

Backspace gives a lovely little ^? still, but tab works fine also.

Cheers for the pointer.

Stu.