RE: Water Stop

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Water Stop
  • From: "John Benfield" <yahoo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:47:34 +0100

>This is perhaps old news. But had a flyer from my water company (SWW)
selling these for =A325 each delivered.

>http://www.surestop.co.uk/explained.html
>
>Not exactly **automation** but hey =A325!!!. Perhaps someone can xAP
enabl=
it, but the switch is mechanical :-(.

Nice idea, however;

'Specification and site requirements:
The SureStop remote water switch is for connection to cold water supplies
with a maximum pressure of 10 bar (150psi) using 15 mm pipework in either
copper or plastic and must include the existing stop valve prior to its
point of installation.'

So you need to keep your original stop cock, you can't replace it and
anyon=
with a mains pipe greater than 15mm can't use it. That=92s me out, ours is
32mm.