Re: Linux Mail Server

Hi,

I run sendmail along with Washington IMAP server and the SquirrelMail
webmail package. Works ok but the WU IMAP isn't good on huge mailboxes
apparently. My total e-mail is about 10Mb in about 50 folders and it works
fine.

This setup (also on ADSL/NAT) means I can IMAPS in from Outlook Express at
work (or anywhere), basic IMAP from the home LAN or use the Webmail. There
is one tweak, in order to not be an open relay yet give flexibility using
IMAP I also use the sendmail patch 'pop-before-smtp' which adds your hosts
IP to the allowed hosts file for a defined period. Having said that as yet
have only ever used Outlook from my office at work or from home - usually
use Webmail otherwise even on friends PCs as it saves clering up
afterwards.

Works ok. But remember to back things up!

http://www.sendmail.org/
http://www.squirrelmail.org/
http://www.washington.edu/imap/
http://popbsmtp.sourceforge.net/