Re: Outdoor camera connections.

On Friday, March 29, 2013 6:00:57 AM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote:
 Typically, for most of our camera installs where the surface is uneven it =
is made smooth using a chisel or grinder. It depends on the what sort of pe=
aks and valleys you got. Some is harder to knock down than others. The arti=
stry comes when you put up the camera, box or bracket and there's no slop s=
howing. Same as putting a Knox Box up.

With a Knox Box, it's usually large enough so that the "average" of the lum=
ps and bumps just requires a few smacks with a hammer to knock of the large=
st peaks. With such a small surface as the round surface mount of a bullet =
camera it's got to be a lot smoother.=20

The more I ask around the more I'm leaning towards borrowing/renting a carb=
ide disk cutting tool to smooth the surface down.=20

I really appreciate all the input on this. Without this kind of help, you u=
sually wind up doing a job the way you think is the best and then when you'=
re done, someone sez ..... why didn't you do it THIS way? Which turns out i=
s 10 times easier than the way you did it.=20

At least if that happens on this job, I can blame all of you ...... !