Re: Outdoor camera connections.

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:01:46 AM UTC-4, RockyTSquirrel wrote:
> Try some of these.. work good on some types of cameras.. You can add diff=
erent extension rings or plates for the different camera styles http://www.=
aifittings.com/catalog/communications/security-camera-mounting-boxes/ RTS=
=20

Thanks Rocky. I'll have to look more closely at their product line and mayb=
e even a phone call. At first glance I didn't see anything for mounting a b=
ullet camera or a little bit bigger box that would hold the cable, connecto=
rs and a balun and I'm still wondering about how to keep this all looking n=
ice mounting it on the uneven surface of the brickface. What the problem wi=
th the box is...... the strain relief on the connector end of the camera ca=
bles is so thick that the cables bend radius added to the length of the con=
nectors and balun requires a larger box. At least 4 x 4. Then I also need a=
n 1/2 or 3/4 inch hole in the box for a watertight fitting.

Anyway, thanks for the lead. I'll be following up.

If anyone eles has any more suggestions ......... ? Especially with the mou=
nting of the camera on the uneven surface of the brickface.