Re: Some installers should not be working on advanced panels

On Mar 20, 8:06=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Know where your coming from Jim my grandfather died from heart attack
> with his tools in his hands fixing a old fashioned =A0console fan.

Gee ..... thanks for the warning Nick. I'll be sure to stay away from
console fans. :-)

> Even back when I was running my business part time and getting it off
> ground I still always worked hard for who ever I was working for.

I always did the same. It worked well for me until I reached the point
of "upper management". In that category, in a big company, you've got
to be one of the "good ol boys" and a "team player" which is a
category that I just didn't fall into. When I came up with ideas and
suggestions, I never could accept the " oh we've tried that before and
it didn't work" answers. My attitude was " It didn't work because YOU
couldn't make it work. When I do it .... I'll MAKE it work" That's not
how you make friends of influential people. Not having come from a
background of family business owners, At first I had no idea that this
was one of the characteristics that a entrepreneur needed and that it
didn't fit into the mold of big business.

> One of my customers often hires former or still working part time =A0for
> them selves employees because they work hard for him because they know
> what it takes to run a profitable business and they want the company
> there working for to run well. It definitely shows.
>
> the work ethic in this country would change over nite if more people
> where forced to have to fend for them selves and see what it takes to
> run a small business.-

Well, on one hand, we need the giant corporations to do what they do
best. Although there aren't many, some of the big companys do reward
inventivness and individual thinking. On the other hand, the US has
more private small businesses than any other country in the world and
small business far out employs and out produces all the big
businesses. So that says a lot about it.