Re: DSC-Cross Zone Police Code Alarm PROBLEM

Ron and all,

That was a very helpful explanation of what the central station
actually receives.

Is the following  example correct?

If the cross zone is created by:

First violating zone 03 which is an entry door.  The violation of zone
03 is programmed to transmit a (1)34 meaning Burglary,Entry/Exit.
Yes,I programmed the "34" for zone 03 and the system adds the "1".
Zone 03 is in area 01.

The central station will then receive E13401003, Correct?

The second violation is an interior motion detector in zone 05 which I
have programmed to send (1)32 meaning Burglary, Interior. Zone 05 is
in area 01.

The central station will then  receive E13201005, Correct?

What would they receive for the CrossZone(Police Code) Alarm condition
that has been created by two different zones being violated? E14A01???
 If the last three digits are the zone, which of the two contributing
zones are sent?... Or for an event not directly tied to a single zone
does the pattern sent to the central station differ from the example
you gave us.

My central station has the English strings(text) for each of my zones
programmed into their computer. When I ask them what they got from a
test they tell me the NAME and number of the zone(s) violated.

If I can understand the exact text string the central station gets for
the Cross Zone condition perhaps I can tell them that .It may help
them find out if they received it.

In previous tests they have received everything they should (except
cross zone). They are able to tell me the exact sequence of violations
by names of zones and the restores. I do NOT send them
openings,closings, tampers, and most maintenance events except duress,
opening after alarm,recent closing.

Are there third parties whom I can test cross zone with?

Thanks for all the help.