Re: CO ALARM PROCEDURES

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1131255900.328191.190470@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Our standard procedure was (I sold my CS a few years ago)

1993 is a "few years" alright.

> to call the
> fire department immediately upon receiving a signal indicating carbon
> monoxide danger.  Next we would call the premises to make sure everyone
> exited the building until the FD cleared it.
>
> One problem with CO poisoning is that by the time you realize something
> is wrong you may be unable to help yourself.  Since it's colorless and
> odorless, clients can't tell it's there.  Sometimes they will tell you
> that all is well and ask you to cancel the FD.

Now why would a client that has a CO alarm squealing away tell you that "all
is well"??  Unless of course someone accidentally pushed the "test" button
without calling your wife first...

> My suggestion is that you politely refuse.

I see...  So "politely refusing" a direct instruction from a registered
account holder who's just told you that "all is well" is something you would
condone??  As what???  A Central Station Manager???  You going to pick up
the tab for the false alarm dispatch as well??  Man, am I ever glad you're
out of the business!!!

> Let the firemen check the place with a CO tester.

Or ULC listed canary...