Latest message you have seen: Re: Anyone using a MiCasaVerde Vera ?

RE: xAPTV beta 2 released

  • Subject: RE: xAPTV beta 2 released
  • From: James
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:55:00 +0000

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 00:56, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> James,
>
> How do I add program names to the ones I can select in the GUI ? - for
> example I can't find the BBC1 and BBC2 North listings ?
The short answer, you can't
The long answer, that list is all that bleb currently offer. If it ever
got to the point that a new channel was added and xaptv didn;t have it
yet you could add it to the csv bleb= line of the xaptv.txt file. I have
sent an email to Andrew who runs bleb to see if north listings will be
available anytime soon.(www.bleb.org)

> Also in your .txt file you map north_bbc1 and south_bbc1 both to BBC1
-
> would that not create duplicate data for 1 channel - sometimes with
> conflicting data ??
If they were both active yes but would you have both north_bbc1 and
south_bbc1 being collected together. The name= is to tidy things up,
it's completely optional.(could do with a gui for editing though)

> I tried deleting the south one but now I get the south_bbc1 and
south_bbc2
> showing up in my "Now Playing" list
Correct, all name= does is to rename channels as they often have co.uk
/.com /north /south_ etc around the real channel name.

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=TyCURNltP1wFYefk33XrYU_C_4MLJ0nufuysQUfauTB3_ma4iOgNPKE_J3W3pkTzdPCS9w">james@m...</a>]
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=QwAJSNiQB4tfj887JhQ5AQJ8-ABbSrF0dpuH8pz1tQtB0qsl1HBRNqjXzSfKOMwU0xf9vG6VoemrFi-ZK3gxCvRIocil">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>
> > Subject: [xap_automation] xAPTV beta 2 released
> >
> > All the same features but now can use Bleb listings
> > data(UK) and has a channel name tweaker.
> >
> > A few weeks back Andover stopped their listings, this
> > meant that xAPTV had to use the radio times for listings.
> > Unfortunately this worked by scraping webpages and was
> > incredibly slow. Bleb.org is an excellent free listings
> > provider that can now create xmltv files. In this new
> > version of xAPTV, Bleb is now the default source. It has a
> > graphic config tool and is really, really fast! XMLTV is
> > still there, and will be needed for non-Uk listings, just
> > not default.
> >
> > In the xAPTV.txt there is a new line "Name=X,Y". You
can