Re: 1960s House Rewire - Lighting control?

Hi Ste,

Any particular reason for choosing BBSB plug-in modules rather than X10
plug-ins?
If you're going for X10 dimmers it might keep the programming a bit
simpler.

Another option might be to home-run the wiring now but connect them up as
rings. Later on, when/if funds allow, it would be relatively simple to
convert to a bank of centrally switched modules (X10, CBus, or whatever).

HTH,

Tim.

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Ste Daniels <ste@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are there any alternatives these days? I've not really looked into it
that
> much recently.
>
> As an aside I'll possibly be going with Bye Bye Standby sockets for
> appliance control as their cheap as chips. Working on completing an
xAP
> gateway for these. What are the alternatives here? Based on the costs
of
> running sockets back to banks of din appliance modules I'll definitely
be
> avoiding that!
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
>
> Steve
>
> P.S. I'll be flooding the house with substantial CAT5e..

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums