Re: iPad photos (OT)

Sam
Thanks very much for the time and trouble in your reply. And there
was me hoping to buy an app for a couple of quid and job done!
If this is the "simple" case, I would hate to see the "not
so simple" one!!
Thanks anyway!!
Rgds
Peter

At 11:13 07/04/2011, you wrote:
>Do you know if it is the filesystems creation date / time, or the meta
data
>(EXIF) date of the image?
>
>If the former then the following python script will work.  You need
python
>installed and for the creation times to work correctly you need the
pywin32
>extensions for the creation date to work on windows.   If the latter
then
>the solution is not so simple.
>
>Sam
>
>--- set_image_dates_by_name.py ---
>#!/usr/bin/env python
>import errno, os, re, shutil, sys, time
>
>def set_date(path, newtime):
>     """Set the modification, access, and creation time
of path to newtime.

>     `newtime` is seconds since epoch as returned by
os.stat(...).st_ctime.
>     """
>     try:
>         import win32file, win32con
>     except ImportError:
>         os.utime(path, (newtime, newtime))
>     else:
>         h = win32file.CreateFile(path, win32file.GENERIC_WRITE, 0,
None,
>win32con.OPEN_EXISTING, 0, None)
>         t = time.localtime(newtime)
>         win32file.SetFileTime(h, t, t, t)
>         h.close()
>         print "hardway"
>
>def set_image_dates_by_name(srcdir, destdir,
filter=r'^.*\.(jpgjpeg)$'):
>     try:
>         os.makedirs(destdir)
>     except OSError, e:
>         if e.errno != errno.EEXIST:
>             raise
>
>     exp = re.compile(filter, re.I)
>     rolling_date = None
>     for f in sorted(os.listdir(srcdir)):
>         if exp.match(f):
>             src, dest = os.path.join(srcdir, f), os.path.join(destdir,
f)
>             if srcdir != destdir:
>                 shutil.copy2(src, dest)
>             if rolling_date:
>                 rolling_date = rolling_date + 60.0
>             else:
>                 rolling_date = os.stat(src).st_ctime
>             set_date(dest, rolling_date)
>             print "Copied", src, '=>', dest
>

>if __name__ == "__main__":
>     try:
>         srcdir, destdir = sys.argv[1:3]
>         if not os.path.isdir(srcdir):
>             raise ValueError("SRCDIR does not exist or is not a
directory")
>     except (IndexError, ValueError):
>         sys.exit("""Usage: set_image_dates_by_name.py
SRCDIR DESTDIR

>e.g. python set_image_dates_by_name.py . sorted_for_ipad
>
>Copy all .jpg and .jpeg images in SRCDIR to DESTDIR.  The images are
copied
>in
>name order.  The first file copied keeps it's modified time and access
time,
>each subsequent file will have it's modified and access/creation/access
>times
>set to be one minute after the previous file.
>
>SRCDIR must exist, DESTDIR will be created if it does not already
exist.

>DESTDIR can be the same as SRCDIR, though this is not recommended as
this
>operation can not be reversed.
>""")
>
>     set_image_dates_by_name(srcdir, destdir)
>

>On 7 April 2011 08:23, Peter + Jane <pandj.munnoch@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > Help!!
> > I have created photo albums to take with us to show various
friends
> > in Germany.
> > On pc I renamed them 001.jpg etc so I knew the correct order.
> > The house build / ha ones (yep, there's my excuse for posting!!)
are