iPad photos (OT)

Help!!
I have created photo albums to take with us to show various friends
in Germany.
On pc I renamed them 001.jpg etc so I knew the correct order.
The house build / ha ones (yep, there's my excuse for posting!!) are
a mix of different pictures taken at different times over the last 5 years.
Transfer them to iPad and it sorts them by creation date.
No other option.
I want them in name order.
The "problem" is much discussed on Apple forums.
A couple of possible Apps exist but get rubbish ratings.
I am happy to buy an App if someone recommends it.
I really don't want to have to edit in false dates on pc to each
photo to cheat the Apple system, as I don't have the time.
Has any list member tackled and overcome this (crazy) iPad limitation?
TIA
Peter

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums