Re: Which HA standard to use for first home?

Duncan

I have just (9 months ago) been through this decision making process.
There should be a longish thread on my decisions.

http://www.ukha-archive.com/ml/ukhad/2008-apr/msg00269.html

I was looking to automate the following. Lighting, Heating and Alarm
system

Lighting - Wired cbus
Heating - Honeywell Smartfit
Alarm - Comfort

The reason for these choices is that they can all function together.

Ben

On 30 Nov 2008, at  21:56, Duncan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been following HA things on and off for a few years, and finally
> getting my first home, so am researching more thoroughly now. I've
> written a blog post about the different standards I could find and
> have settled on ZWave for the moment.
>
> What I'm looking for is some feedback on my blog post, as it details
> pretty much all my thoughts of the different standards and I'd like to
> know if I'm way off or if there's some options I haven't looked into
> yet.
>
> http://www.sample.org.uk/blog/?action=post&post=home_automation_standards
>
> I'm planning on documenting my whole journey and since the software
> I've seen so far is pretty rubbish-looking I may end up writing my
> own, which would be Open Source (so far I don't understand xPL well
> enough to contribute).
>
> Thanks
> Duncan

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109