Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: New Build

Freeview STB

Our Daewoo DS608P Freeview STB is becoming a pain to use - the remote
does not always work - sometimes everything is okay and then sometimes
only some of the buttons work. It's not the batteries so unless someone
knows of a way of bringing life back to the remote it is probably a case
of buying a new stb, as the cost of a new remote would be as much as a
complete box!

Does anyone have any recommendations for STBs? I know it's not very UKHA
to say this but frankly with all the changes that are going on it's not
worth it to us to buy the latest PVR with HDMI etc as we can happily
live with a fairly basic STB and VCR for a while longer until it all
settles down. What I want is a straight forward box that will work okay
where signals are not always perfect. We have a problem with one of the
multiplexes when it is wet and windy (caused by trees) so ideally would
want to improve this - or at least not make it worse.

Thanks,

Laurence