Mini-ITX

Actually, that's interesting ... 'cos ISTR David saying he'd measured
the power-consumption of his set-up & ISTR is was rather more than that
... so, presumably, it depends which board one's using ...

The new EX board probably won't do for us - no RS232 - 'will probably
stay with the EK series, which I must order (if only the web-site wasn't
such a pain ... )

Chris

Friday, 26 Jan'07 - 14:38:41 -0000

from: Ian Lowe   ianlowe@xxxxxxx

>the 14W sounds good ...

The Mini ITX boards are spectacular - the Epia C500 I use for my
touchscreen controller uses 11W peak, and idles down to less than 5W.
I don't let it go into standby because, as a touchscreen controller, I
want it to be responsive, but it can go lower still.

>x86 ...

All Intel PC processors (including the ones used by Apple) are x86 - it
refers to the instruction set used in the chips, and dates back to when
we had 286, 386 and 486.

Ian