Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: XBOX Softmod - there *IS* a god, - and he effing hates me!

Running Homeseer on a Mac

  • Subject: Running Homeseer on a Mac
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:26:08 -0000 (GMT)

Submission by: John Lamont

Background - On a PC Since discovering Homeseer as a Home Automation
controller for my X10 modules throughout the house, i've been in gadget
heaven. Flicking on/off/dimming lights and with some Hawkeye's, basic
motion detection is possible. Then I obtained a wireless Oregon Scientific
Weather station for the Fry's miss-price of $60 while on a trip to
California. A black-bezeled prior model to this:
www.oregonscientific.co.uk/product.asp?p=336

Since this hooked into a PC I bought Ambient's Virtual Weather Station
(VWS): www.ambientweather.com/virtualstation.html

Then the heating was automated. Using four internal wireless temp sensors,
averaged every 2 mins I could set-up homeseeer events to control my
heating. Homeseer offered great flexibility in realtime automated control
with the magic of manual overrides by pressing a remote control.

Buying a Mac Mini Then I discovered Apple macs. What drove me to this was
having a young family wanting to surf and email while we endured Windows
XP issues (virus, attacks, malware etc). This was around Service Pack 2
release. Anyhow I bought a Mac Mini and fell 'in love' with its
durability, parental controls and plesant GUI. It helped that I worked in
a company that did UNIX, so I knew the claims of security, stability and
scalability would be true...

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1832.html

M.