Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

RE: CPUs...

I'd definitely recommend Core 2 Duo over Pentium D - just for the
energy sa=
ving and considerably lower running temps. I moved all my server, HA PC,
Ge=
ovision PC etc over to Core 2 Duos (x4 PC's) (E6400 - lowest spec) and
they=
've been running fine and about 20 deg cooler!!!! Of course, if you have a
=
spare Pentium D lying around, that=92s a different matter as you may just
w=
ant to use that?

Or you could do what I did and buy the Core 2 Extreme Quad CPU for a
deskto=
p PC!!! (bit pricey though). Storming performance though, overclocked to
3.=
2GHz.

I would have thought the Pentium D and all the Core 2 duo CPU's will run
Vi=
sta fine.

Graphics is a real killer with Vista - what card were you using?

Paul.

I've