From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Andy Davies
Sent: 21 January 2007 20:57
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Internet accessible storage

=20

Can't you just stick a NAS box of some form on the network behind the
route=
(most of them are pretty low powered) and then just use the router as the
VPN endpoint (which should be pretty secure)?

Or am I missing something?

Andy

On 21/01/07, Keith Finnett <HYPERLINK
"mailto:groups%40finnett.net"groups@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking to connect some storage to a number of Zyxel ADSL routers
> to provide an offsite backup solution without using a server.
>
> Currently i use a Windows XP PC and a VPN client but i'd like to
reduce
> my power use.
>
> However, i'm a bit stuck on how to secure it. I wondered if I could
> restrict the IP address of the client connecting to the router to
limit
> the possibilities of hacking, but i'm not sure if this is the best way
> to achieve it.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Keith

--=20