Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Electric Heating Contactor Noise

Looks ideal if I get the 240V rated one.  The contactor is rated at
40A
so 100A should be fine.  Only question now is whether this can be fitted
as a contactor replacement?

Thanks for the suggestion,

Simon

Neil Fuller wrote:

> How about a solid state relay?
>
> You would need to check the full load current but assuming each of
your
> panels rated at 3kw, something like this should provide ample headroom
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3b5fnn <http://tinyurl.com/3b5fnn>
>
> I've never controlled this sort of load with an SSR before and there
may
> be issues with regs etc??? I'm sure others will chip in with the pros
> and cons later . . . .
>
> Cheers
>
> Neil
>
> Simon Ryley wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'm sure someone on the list must have had a similar problem.
> >
> > I've got a new build house with electric panel heating, not night
> > storage. The system is wired as a separate ring main for the five
panel
> > radiators, with each rad having its own thermostat, a
conventional wall