Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: [OT] Vista just arrived

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Vista just arrived
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:56:00 -0000

I bit the bullet and just went ahead and updated my main PC today - OK I
made sure I backed the bugger up first but on the whole it went OK. Had to
remove Ghost v9.0 and Roxio first but that was all the software issues it
reckoned it found.

It did say that the drivers for my Keyspan USB to 4 serial adapters
wouldn't
work which will be annoying but I haven't tried them yet.

I haven't updated Office yet (still using 2003) but I love the new font
rendering.

Bit worried about the CPU loading though - it seems to stay permanently at
about the 40% mark when playing back recordings made on the MCE box
downstairs (under XP it was about 25%). Doesn't seem *TOO* bad on memory
though - I have 2Gb and it's only using about 700Mb (feck, *ONLY* using
700Mb - jesus!)

Phil