Re: Electrisave protocol

  • Subject: Re: Electrisave protocol
  • From: "iaingoodhew" <I.C.B.Goodhew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:10:39 -0000

Thanks for those that have shown an interrest. Regarding costs. I=20
would estimate parts are no more than about =A320. If there are=20
several people wanting them, I might do a printed circuit board,=20
otherwise a bit of vero will have to do.

Range of the radio unit is much about the same as the existing=20
receiver. It really depends on the antenna's on both transmitter and=20
reciever. I guess my PC receiver has a little less range at the=20
moment, as I'm simply using a bit of wire as the antenna.=20

I don't know anything about the RFXCom unit's. I'm guessing they are=20
very similar, probably use same licence exempt frequency, but am=20
guessing that the protocol is different.

Iain
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> I might be interested in an adapter - can't offer any development=20
though but may be willing to beta test.
>=20
> Any idea on ball-park figures as to cost?
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20