Re: Buying cables....reccomendations!?

Replies in-line :-)

HTH,

Tim.

On 1/15/07, noel_pilot <HA@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> My first challenge is getting hold of a long figure of 8 power
> cable...im not finding anything longer than 5m!  any one know of
> anywhere?!

Fit a fused spur mains socket near the projector and use a regular length
c=
able?

> also I may be needing a long ish component cable, worst case 20m i
> think, are they available at recent prices?  My normal source tvcables
> seems to top out at 15m.

CPC have a reasonably priced 15m one for ~=A310+vat, www.cpc.co.uk, p/n:
AV=
08251

Failing that there's this one at around =A320, but it's currently
showing out of stock:
http://www.selectgadget.co.uk/sg/viewstock.action?categoryid=3D52&stockid=
=3D359

Another similar one at Pixmania is nearer the ton:
http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/67851/art/goldkabel/component-20m-cable.htm=
l?itag=3D6507

> Also investing in a xantech IR distribution setup, quite basic for the
> moment but I seem to remember it being talked about getting the units
> from the US, again any recommendations for suppliers?

I'd start with http://www.letsautomate.com/index.cfm
and take it from there=
:-)